Thursday, April 10, 2008

Framed Lace Motif Pieces

I have been working on obtaining frames for some pieces. Since funds are tight, I tried to do this while spending as little money as possible. I think I did pretty well.

These two pieces are in 5x7 frames that I already had. They were sitting in a closet with items I didn't want on the walls in this particular house, so I scavenged and repainted them:


The next three pieces are in 8x10 frames I obtained from a thrift store for $1 apiece. I repainted them. The first frame makes the boldest statement:


The next one I like to think of as a colorful spring meadow framed in a brilliant blue sky:

Sanding and painting the frames took some patience. There are quite a few nooks and crannies. Because the Lumiere paints can be sort of see-through, I painted the frames first with regular dark blue and dark purple, and then I put the Lumiere paints on top as a second coat.

This last frame is very interesting to me. This frame was pink-stained wood already, and it was almost a match. I just sanded it lightly and applied two think coats of pearly white paint. I think it fits the motifs fairly well. I like its simplicity for this piece:

I also have made progress on the lace piece in my previous post, and I'll try to post about it soon. Right now I would like to finish the little storefront that I was working on a few days ago and got stalled on.

1 comment:

Needleroozer said...

These are beautiful! I love the painted found frames. Are these in your storefront? That is where I am headed next.......

Sorry it took so long for me to get over here- I swear this headache turned into cold has had hold of me for two weeks!!
Hugs,
LB