Monday, February 11, 2008

Bookmarks at intermediate stage

Here are shots of some of the bookmarks in their intermediate phase. Truthfully, I think some of them are done, but I'm reserving judgment. Since glitter doesn't normally show up in the photos anyway, I took this before I applied glitter.

Here are four more below. Actually, I finally found a use for the hideous yellow ; ). It actually works well to accent the green on the sides of the "river" in the bookmark at the far right.

Here are five more: Some of these need more work, I think. I am thinking particularly of the bottom bookmark lying sideways, and the bookmark on the far right. The middle bookmark lying down is my favorite of the bunch.

Also, I know there are stray flakes of a different gold stuck on the top bookmark. I was painting the back and somehow some got on the front. I have to figure out how to either get rid of them or paint over them. Grrr. I already tried to scrape at them a little, with no success.


I like how the curves in the scrim bookmarks turned out (third from left in first photo and far right in second photo). If I make more bookmarks, I will make more of those. But I want to finish this batch first. In addition to these, I have some bookmarks I cut from "reject" pieces that I'm spiffing up a little, individualizing them a bit. And I have to paint all the backs and stitch around the edges. So I want to do all of that before I start more. And I don't want to end up with too many "in stock."

2 comments:

Needleroozer said...

These are turning out beautifully! You make me wanna break out all my L & L supplies! Tonight I am working on cleaning up the studio- it is a mess of papers, scraps, and everything valentines related. I have two more collage pieces to work on (one for spring, one for St. Patty's) that will be for the etsy shop, and then I want to do some fabric paper, and some L & L work.
I need to get going on these, because I know when the next Fibre and Stitch issue comes out in a week and a half, I am going to want to try lots of stuff in it!
Thanks for the inspiration,
LB

Cassandra said...

Thanks. As always, you are too kind! And . . . you have mail!