Thursday, February 14, 2008

Finished Bookmarks #2

Here are four more bookmarks that I stitched today. I also stitched one more, but it was the same kind as yesterday's, so I won't waste your time showing you that one.

The wide lace nestled together (bookmark #2 from left) looks really cool as a piece of any size, but it sure is a pain to stitch around. The edges of that one don't look nearly as uniform as the others.

Yes, they all have a purple theme, but I'm stitching the ones first that I can use my purple thread with. I am trying to minimize rethreading, changing/redoing bobbins, and all of those sewing hassles. Did I mention that sewing isn't my fav thing? Oh, sorry, I'll give it a rest now.

One major good thing is that I went through DD's wardrobe with her last night, and I don't have to sew any clothes this spring! I have to let out a couple of hems, insert a couple of lace pieces to help with low necklines, and that's all! I had enough clothes put away waiting for her to grow into them that she is in good shape for spring. Next winter will be another matter . . . but I plan to "be Scarlett O'Hara" about that.

No comments: