Thursday, February 28, 2008

Finished Bookmarks #3 and #4


I'm pretty happy with both of these sets. I actually finished them all in one day! I found myself with a block of time today because the weather was GORGEOUS and I couldn't bear to keep the children inside doing bookwork. I let them go out before lunch, served them lunch on the back patio, and they are still out there. There are large excavations going on in our dirt pit. Those who know me IRL can request photos via email if you'd like, but I'm not willing to post them publicly (sorry).

Anyway, I spent my time watching the engineering feats (complete with water to make mud from the dirt) through the window while sewing these bookmarks up. I have a few more batches after this, and then I'll be done.

I'm sort of taking a breather between "pre-Iditarod" studying-up and "tracking the race," which starts in earnest on Sunday. Then it will be head-down again, full-steam-ahead. This has been a busy, teacher-intensive time, but so far they seem to enjoy it.

No comments: