Sunday, December 23, 2007

My First Framed Piece!

Now this I am pretty happy with.  I saw an old pillowcase in Goodwill, and I wasn't sure if the lace would work, but the children urged me to purchase it.  When I went to cut the lace off the pillowcase, I had even more doubts, because it was the kind that basically fell apart somewhat when removed.  Well, I had seen on Expression Studio where someone had laid strips of lace vertically on a piece, and I tried the technique with this piece, and I really like the texture.  When I got the piece to where I wanted it, I took one of the colors and sort of "washed" an old frame with the glass removed.  It goes really nicely with my walls, so I plan to keep it in the foyer on a media cabinet.  I also sprayed it with glitter, which doesn't show so well in the picture.  Oh, the picture.  My DH and I went through several permutations trying to get a decent shot.  I still haven't really made friends with the camera to try to photograph this stuff very well. Oh well, I will learn.

2 comments:

Needleroozer said...

Wow! I love it!
Have you done any experiments with L. and a heat gun yet? I haven't, but I hear it is fun and creates interesting effects.
LB

Cassandra said...

No, I haven't. The distressed look isn't speaking to me at the moment, and I don't own a heat gun anyway ; ). Sorry.

But, I did find that an iron on "silk" setting does fine in straightening out the folds in Lutradur. I forgot to get back to you about that.