Sunday, December 23, 2007

Some Early Pieces



Here are two pieces, a triangle scrap and a bookmark.  I like the effect of the scrim in both pieces.  I'm sorry the picture of the photo is a teeny bit blurry, but this photo showed the colors better than the others I took.  I also like the effect of lace flowers in a slightly different color, but that "feature" also makes it a lousy bookmark since they can come off easily.  Oh well!  I have another, flatter bookmark in the works.  I like the colors in the triangle piece but am not sure what I can do with it.  Oh well.  It was a good experiment.

2 comments:

Needleroozer said...

How big is the triangle- cuz I have a couple ideas for what you could do with it.
Also, try the flowers again- do them one color first, on the first few layers of paint, and that will attach them. THEN paint them with the color you want- that's how I did mine different colors- and they stuck just fine.
LB

Cassandra said...

As oriented in the photo, it is eight inches along the bottom and seven inches along the left side. The long, angled side is about 10 inches. It's somewhat pliable but not seriously so.

Flowers--I still want to try to fix those, but I'm still concerned they will "catch" on things. I'm still thinking of what to do . . .