Saturday, December 22, 2007

Trying to make peace with my camera


I really like L&L pieces in person, but with photos, well, they lose something.  Some essence . . . some luminous quality.  I am finding this quite frustrating.  I'm really a PhD (Push here, Dummy) kind of camera person, so I'm sure there's ways to fix this.  

Since I use Lumiere and other iridescent paints, I think it makes it harder for the camera.  I am going to experiment over the next few days and see if I can do better capturing some of my early pieces.  

After a couple of weeks of experimenting, today I finished a piece that I feel like framing!  Hooray!  I took the glass out of a cheap frame that I had hanging around and painted the frame with a complementary color to the piece.  Tomorrow I hope to put it together and photograph it.

5 comments:

Julie@HighFive! said...

Wow, that's really beautiful! I think I'm going to look more into that kind of art form. I'm a wanna-be painter....love it but don't seem to have any innate talent. Plus with 5 kiddos, I don't have the time to develop any right now. However, i love to admire others work and dream about the future when I might be able to do a bit of my own.

Crissy said...

That is beautiful, Cassandra!
The colors on this one look very similar to those on the piece LB shared (in their shiny, irridecent-ness). Are you using the same brand of paints?

Oh, I can't wait to see more of your lovely creations!

Cassandra said...

Thank you, both Julie and Crissy. Yes, Crissy, I am using the same brand of paints. The iridescence was one of the things I was drawn to.

Blessings,
Cassandra

Needleroozer said...

Crissy, I have been collecting some of the Lumiere paints in grape-like colors, for when we do your project.

Cassandra, what a great blog! If you'd like, I can email you some more links to more L & L blogs.

Can't wait to see more!
LB

Cassandra said...

Please do, Needleroozer!