Thursday, January 10, 2008

Lace Motif Piece #1

This is the first of three representational pieces in progress, with another two planned. I am hoping to place these pieces in frames. I laid down a background of "scrim stripes," painted the lace motif a correlating color, and then glued the motif down. In this picture you can see that the glue is not yet dry (the white spots).



Edited 1/17/08: I shortened the previous entry, keeping only some milestone photos. Here is how this piece looks now:I'm not sure whether I like it or not. I did the pastels, including highlighting different areas on the lace motif, but they seemed a bit too bright and distinct. So I did a gold wash over the whole thing, but now of course it is pale (although more unified). So I might put this away for a few days and decide where I want to go with it.

Edited 1/18/08: And now for something completely different. I went bold and limited palette with this piece. I redid it completely in bright blue and then rubbed on some subtle gold highlights:So, what do you think? Pastel, or bold? Which is better?

No comments: