Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What a tangled web we weave . . .

. . . when we try to do a project like this without MistyFuse. I've been trying to hold off on a Joggles order for a little while (short of $$$), but I might not last too much longer. After applying a LOT of paint, the best I could do was this:Not exactly flat, is it? Let's see it from the tabletop view:Looks more like a pathetic landscape than a L&L piece . . . sigh. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I put a piece of wax paper on it (paint still wet) and then added these tomes:WTMBoard users will note what I did NOT bring even into the VICINITY of wet paint:It's my copy--I bought it fair and square! Right after it was announced to be going out of print and there was an uproar on the boards, I walked into my local B&N and saw it on a display shelf. Well, I plucked that baby right up and marched to the cash register--it was the last one they had. Then, when the new one came out, I bought one of those also. I'm like that. Now I have both, so one child can use one and the other child can use the other. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! I don't think the red ones are going for $200 now, but it was kind of amusing while it lasted--to think I had such a valuable book in my possession ; ).

Anyway, I digress. I'm going to follow up this post with a short meditation on the importance of the dictionary to a L&L project. This has to be about the fifth time I've used it.

And stay tuned to see if the books can save the day with this project.

P.S. Do you think I can convince DH that I need more oversized, heavy books for . . . ahhh, lemme see . . . homeschooling . . . what subject, say you? . . . ahhh, Art, yeah, Art! Hmph. I didn't think so, but it was worth a try.

1 comment:

Needleroozer said...

I have a whole bunch of MF- email me your addy and I will send you some.
Hugs,
LB