Saturday, January 12, 2008

Wall Hanging Completed and Up!

Hooray! This little place in the hall has a wall directly across from it, so I had to stand slightly to the side in a doorway to take this shot. That's why the shot appears "crooked."

On the right side of the picture you can see the edge of the piano and have a peek into our schoolroom (we homeschool). On the left side of the picture you see a sliver of the long hallway to the laundry room, hall bath, and garage.

I'm very pleased with how this turned out. I just hope that I live in my purple house for a good long time so that I can enjoy this hanging in the setting it was designed for. Special thanks to Needleroozer for timely and helpful suggestions along the way.

4 comments:

Needleroozer said...

I love it! It looks fabulous there, like it was made to hang there, lol.
The gold on the tassels really ties it all together, and brings out the gold in the piece, so it isn't just a bunch of purple.
Very, very nice. I hope you are proud of this very well-executed piece of art!
LB

Cassandra said...

Yes, it does look like it was made to hang there. Imagine that! ; ) Thank you sooo much for your help and encouragement along the way. You are very kind. I feel a great sense of accomplishment every time I look at it.

Crissy said...

Oh, it's so pretty! I hadn't imagined the piece was quite that large. It looks perfect on that wal.

Cassandra said...

Thanks, Crissy, It's about three feet long. The tassels, which were an afterthought, make it even longer, but I don't mind. I enjoy seeing it in the main area where we spend most of our day.

It doesn't seem as large in person because we have been blessed with high ceilings--it seems in proportion to the height of the wall.