Sunday, January 6, 2008

Short Ode to Fabric Glue

Oh, how I love thee, let me count the ways!
You help lace take its proper place.
You anchor pesky flowers that insist on curling up.

And most of all:
You allow me to glue on tassels to the back and space them out while the glue is wet!

Well, it doesn't rhyme, but you get the idea.  I decided to use the tassles (Freudian slip between "tassels" and "hassles") with the gold showing, but was despairing of how to sew them on one by one, keep them evenly spaced, and keep my sanity.  

After some thought, I decided to try the glue.  Then I laid a piece of wax paper over the project and put a heavy unabridged dictionary on top.  See, homeschooling is good for your crafting life!  

My fingers are crossed until everything dries, though.  I'll post how it turns out.  Even if I need to tack the tassels on in addition, at least they will be positioned.

No comments: